Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Where to Start.....

Oh yah, diapers!  Did everyone know that babies use them?  Who knew that someone so cute would sit in their own messes until the diaper rash makes them scream?

I just want everyone to know now that I don't let my little girl sit in a wet diaper for hours on end...and yet she still gets diaper rash and her whimpers make me want to sob for her.

So back to the diapers themselves.  Alyssa is 2 1/2 months old and we have spent an INSANE amount of money on disposable diapers.  Honestly I rarely consider the monetary savings of cloth mostly because we have enough laundry as is!  (And I ABHOR laundry!!!!)  So we have tried most brands of disposables out there.  Huggies and Pampers (in various styles) have sent me off to find a less expensive but still good brand to work with.  We have a package of Luvs based on my mom's recommendation and have yet to break into it.  The only reason we haven't gotten to the Luvs yet is because we just got a package via UPS yesterday.  DIAPERS--->Holy Bulk Shopping!!

We decided to try diapers from a brand that none of you have heard of...Kozy Kids.  It is only available via independent business owners who have partnered with Amway Global (ask around, you probably know some of these people--if not, ask me and I will hook you up).  This means you have to buy it online or through these people specifically.  We are in day 2 of Kozy Kids and I must say I was nervous to try a brand that was so unknown.  I mean really!  If they were good, wouldn't everyone be screaming the brand from every blog and mommy coffee house from here to the South Pole??  Well people, I'm here to start the screaming!

Alyssa got diaper rash two days ago in her Pampers and no matter the amount of Desitin used to avoid the pain of a wet or dirty diaper it got worse.  I never knew a diaper rash could get so dry that it would crack and if you have never seen a tinsy bit of blood on your sweet baby's bum, it will tear holes in your heart and you will be changing their diaper every half hour (wet or not) in hopes of helping them feel better!  When the diapers came yesterday I was a bit anxious over my sweet daughter's rash and how these diapers would handle the wet and her skin contact.  She didn't notice a difference in diapers (I don't blame her, it isn't often that we notice differences in toliets either...).  I, however, noticed that this diaper seems pretty much on par with the Pampers that I had been working with for over a month.  My original plan was to put her back in Pampers overnight for fear of having to wash bedding at 3am.  The plan changed when Papa put her to bed.  She slept from 9:30pm to 7:15am, uninteruppted and woke happily talking to her Fischer Price Seahorse.  The diaper was full-wet but her bum was comfortable or she would have been crying (trust me).  We will continue testing these diapers over the next few weeks and will let you know if we have any setbacks but it looks like we can all start shouting from our blogs on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment