Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Mighty Swing

I bow to the great and mighty swing!
Starting Monday, March 8th, Alyssa began sleeping through the night.  I will forever be thrilled with the ease and success that this happened with.  I still wake up in the middle of the night, habit I suppose...This really isn't a problem though because I am pretty good at falling back asleep.  What actually is so hard about this new schedule she has is that naps are essentially non-existant.  No, seriously!  She fights naps SO HARD!  This past week and half her naps have consisted of less than 20 minutes each.  This has made for a rather cranky afternoon little lady.
Yesterday, after about a month of bouncer preference we brought the swing back out.  A miracle happened....a nap, and not just a nap!  A blissful whole HOUR-long nap!!!  Momma had a happy, rested baby girl again.  Of course this caused some panic for me; she slept during the day...surely one hour wouldn't mess up her STTN right??
Our bedtime routine began about a half hour late last night.  9:30pm Papa had a pj-dressed girl in his arm in the glider with a storybook.  She doesn't fall asleep from books but likes to 'discuss' them sometimes.  She lays down in her crib awake with her seahorse and nuk and was asleep by 10pm.  Surely she won't stay asleep tonight.  Momma--bite your tongue!!  7:55am!!!!!!!!!!
We now have STTN and a naptime that gives me a chance to do laundry or shower, or blog (whatever needs to be done first clearly).

Can I get a HALLELUJAH?!

No comments:

Post a Comment