Sunday, April 4, 2010

Movies

I know everyone has different tastes, preferences and some just plain don't watch 'em.  So bear in mind as I tell you that anyone, and I mean ANYONE who has an inch of open mind, should watch the movie that my friend Dave brought over to distract me.

Look back at "My Week" and you will see why he was aiming to distract me.  Tuesday after I found out my parents had seperated, Dave came over with a movie titled Man From Earth.  My buddy knew just what would work for me and I will remember it forever.  This movie was so incredibly intriguing.  I became so absorbed in the theories that it provided an immediate escape from the stress of the day before.

Now, I'll be honest, anyone who cannot tolerate alternate religious ideas or different interpretations of the Bible, will not care for this movie.  Anyone who is a biblical literalist will likely wish to burn this dvd straight from the player.  But, I loved it!  It did not offend me in any way and if you are able to discuss religion and science with anyone in either extremes or middle ground areas, you will likely enjoy the new take that it brings.  I could hardly believe that the time the movie actually takes had elapsed at the end.  It went so far beyond any other movie I have watched that I could hardly pull away.

I would like you to watch this movie.  Enjoy it as much as I did or at least enjoy yelling at it if that is your preference...!  Either way it is worth the time.  It is available via Netflix or probably available on Blockbuster.  I purchased it through Barnes & Noble and it is also on Best Buy's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment