Saturday, April 3, 2010

Chewable Jewelry

Yes, I said "chewable jewelry".  Momma now sports a gnawable necklace and has a matching bracelet.

This cool new idea comes to us from a family dentist who went looking for a teether for her own baby.  Instead of finding a suitable teether on the market, she ended up making these and the rest of us should all thank her!
I saw this item being reviewed on one of the blogs I follow and was intrigued.  I was actually thrilled to find something so perfect for the on-the-go family.  Alyssa is just beginning to really chomp down on things but she is so young that she hasn't got the ability to hold something in her mouth herself yet.  What better way to help her feel better than holding those big bulky teethers in her mouth that barely fit?  Hmmmm....How about finding something that actually fits in her little mouth to chew away on??  Yah, this is where these Chewable Jewels come in to play.

I bought my combo set and waited for its arrival.  I was pretty excited when the envelope came.  I ripped into the package and pulled out the necklace.  Of course timing was awful and I had to go to work right then or risk being late.  When I got home that night I hugged my daughter (it was my first day back to work so I really really missed her!) and then we washed the new accessories.  As we sat down to snuggle she was chomping away on her nuk so I pulled a switch and gave her the rectangular necklace.  At first she pulled a face and stuck out her tongue pushing the necklace with it.  I was a bit disappointed but I wasn't giving up after one face!  The second time she bit down on it she didn't reject it.  She started to chew lightly on it and then of course she switched to using it like a pacifier.

So she hasn't quite gotten the hang of continual chewing...oh well!  We have a teether that she can nom away on that fits her mouth!  The bracelet was the next test and it fits her mouth even better than the necklace.  I think that it will work even better when she is beginning to hold things for herself

And in case you were wondering....They don't look half bad!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment